3dsmax/Dustin's Quick Tutorial
This is just a quick tutorial to get you up and running!
Creating the .age file
- If you haven't already got the plugin and 3dsmax setup, see here: 3dsmax/Getting Started
- In 3dsmax's output folder (the one you set in PlasmaMAX2.ini while setting up 3dsmax/plugin) create a folder called "dat".
- Inside this "dat" folder, create a myagename.age text file (with Notepad or another text editor, and *not* PlasmaShop nor other .age editors) and put in
StartDateTime=0000000000 DayLength=24 MaxCapacity=10 SequencePrefix=572 ReleaseVersion=0 Page=mainroom,0
(but change "myagename" to the filename of your Age and "572" to the sequence prefix it will have. (More info on getting a name/prefix can be found here: ListOfSequencePrefixes)
Creating the prps
- Open 3dsmax7
- Go to Create->StandardPrimitives->Box and then click and drag somewhere to create a box.
- Go to Plasma->ComponentManager and go to New->Misc->PageInfo
- For each object you want exported (in this example, just the box):
- Select the object(s)
- Make sure the PageInfo01 (or whatever you named it) in the ComponentManager is selected
- Click on AttachToSelectedObjects
- Now,go to the Utilities tab (the little hammer icon) on the right-side toolbar
- Click the More button, then ComponentUtil and it should show a "Components (Selected Obj)" area.
- Select one of you objects so that PageInfo01 shows up in the list here.
- Then a "Page Info" area should show up with "Age" and "Page" as options.
- Select the age and page from the dropdown menus. (These options come from the .age file we created earlier.)
- Now to export:
- Go to File->PlasmaExport and click Export.
- The prp files should now be in your output folder!
(For info on how to do some common tasks, see here: 3dsmax/Dustin's 3dsmax Cookbook)
Converting to Uru
- We will use Drizzle24 or newer to convert these Moul files to Pots files for your offline game:
- Go to the tab labeled "The Art", and set the path to 3dsmax's output folder.
- Enter the agename you want to convert. (E.g. if your .age file is "dustin2.age", enter "dustin2" here.) (You can list several to be converted if you want: e.g. "dustin2,happyland,kilarney".)
- Just leave Drizzle open, and after you have exported in 3dsmax, click the "Convert" button.
- Start Uru and play away!
(Drizzle will remember the path and agenames, so each time you export in 3dsmax, all you have to do is click the "Convert" button.)